mysql file locked

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Apr 27 10:01:17 EDT 2013

On Apr 27, 2013, at 6:48 AM, scott384 at hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi John:
>
> New to this forum, hope you don't mind the direct post.  I've searched for a couple of hours looking for answer to my prob.  I have Gnucash installed on two Win 7 computers, one a client to an SBS 2008 Server and the other remote using VPN, accessing a mysql database on the server.  I believe I closed the VPN without closing Gnucash first on the remote machine and the lock file was not deleted as it would with proper closing, from what I can garner from searching.  I am unable to access the database from the Gnucash copy on my client machine, and when I open the Gnucash copy on the remote machine, it gives me a warning that the file is locked but I open anyway and see my accounting files.  I have tried to locate the .lck and .lnk files on the server to delete them but can't seem to find them.  Can you give me an idea of where/how I can find them to delete them and get access from both machines?

I absolutely mind. Always write directly to the list, never to individual team members unless given explicit permission.
But I'm in a relatively good mood this morning, so I'll answer your question.

The lock is inside the database, and it's replaced with a new one when you "open anyway", and then removed when you
shut down properly. Your problem accessing the database from the other machine is a separate problem and probably
related to authentication -- the userid and password given on the "open" dialog box. Look at the database access logs for clues.

Regards,
John Ralls