mysql file locked

snotty54 scott384 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 27 09:51:02 EDT 2013

Dear All,

New to this forum, apologize if this post is in the wrong place.  I've
searched for a couple of hours looking for answer to my prob.  I have
Gnucash installed on two Win 7 computers, one a client to an SBS 2008 Server
and the other remote using VPN, accessing a mysql database on the server.  I
believe I closed the VPN without closing Gnucash first on the remote machine
and the lock file was not deleted as it would with proper closing, from what
I can garner from searching.  I am unable to access the database from the
Gnucash copy on my client machine, and when I open the Gnucash copy on the
remote machine, it gives me a warning that the file is locked but I open
anyway and see my accounting files.  I have tried to locate the .lck and
.lnk files on the server to delete them but can't seem to find them.  Can
you give me an idea of where/how I can find them to delete them and get
access from both machines?

If above is not solution to this problem, then please let me know how I
should proceed. I am a database newbie, and know very little, but I'm
determined to have all my data on the server where it is safer with better
access.

Appreciate any help,

Scott