Bad Debt

Hilary hilary at mayfirst.org
Mon Aug 12 13:22:18 EDT 2013

Hey All,

I was hoping for some help.  I followed Buddha's advice to try to make
up for the bad debt - paying to imbalance and then changing the split to
bad debt expense account.

I'm finding thought, that by moving it out of the imbalance account,
GnuCash erases the payment to the original invoice.  So the invoice
looks again like it's never been paid.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

Best,