Cloud / net (was Re: Reset import assignment)

Ian Konen iankonen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 10:17:41 EDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM,  <cgw993 at aol.com> wrote:
> Ok. My firewall shows that GC has two files connected to the internet so I
> was wondering.

Neither of the cases I mentioned would be active unless you activated
them (and I think are in fact add-ons that require additional steps to
install, but I haven't looked into either).  This topic has come up
before on the list...I think it has to do with shared libraries from
gtk (used by, but not developed as part of GnuCash) and don't actually
represent a remote connection: if the destination IP address in
question is 127.0.0.1 it's referring back to your own computer, and
it's just taking advantage of some functionality supplied by the
network API.  I can't explain it better than that, but you can Google
it for more info.

--
Ian Konen
iankonen at gmail.com