QIF Import: "Transaction date: Unrecognized or inconsistent format"

Mark HerrPoetry at HailMail.net
Mon Aug 26 14:43:09 EDT 2013

Hi. I can't seem to import a QIF file. GnuCash is throwing this error
every time I try the import --

 >    Transaction date: Unrecognized or inconsistent format

and I can't figure out what's wrong with the date format in the QIF file.

I've tried two different date formats: MM/DD/YYYY and MM/DD'YY (the
format shown in the quote below), and both throw the error.

I'm actually generating the QIF from a CSV file, using the OpenOffice
add-on CALC2QIF. BBedit tells me that the generated QIF file's encoding
is UTF-8, no BOM.

Any help will be much appreciated. Here is the QIF:

===BEGIN QIF===
!Type:Bank
D08/05'13
U65.00