Report realized and unrealized gain for account and sub-acocunts

Mike sailsing at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 14:44:38 EST 2013

I've just started using Gnucash.  I have a brokerage account that I have
traded more actively this year.  I'd like a good way to know what my
returns on those trades have been.  I'm not too picky how that is presented
-- IRR, ROI, cash flow.  I haven't been able to find a report within
Gnucash that really answers this.

The advanced portfolio report shows return on position that are still open,
but not any information on closed trades.  Am I missing an existing report
that would give me this information?

I've read a little about the python bindings.  I've done a lot of python
programming so that sounds interesting.  Unfortunately, I'm using Windows
and it doesn't look like it is easily available with the compiled windows
version.  It might be easier to just dual boot into Linux and use that
version for the python bindings.  Is this the most logical direction to go?