Now I have to ask for help

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun Feb 3 16:38:57 EST 2013

I had been ignoring paying attention to people talking about gnucash
automaticly opening the last books used.

OK, our desktop is slowly dying so I have been preparing to migrate to
another machine. Good time to update all the application the software, yes.

Well I just got a nasty surprise. Gnucash wants to (always) open the
last set of books that were open, automatic, no choice in the matter.
That's fine for most gnucash users keeping one set of books for
themselves or one business entity. But I'm acting as treasurer for a
number of organizations in addition to my own books. So for me this is
very unfortunate behavior as I am rather unlikely to be next time
opening the books I last had open.

1) Is there a way to turn off this behavior and let me instead select
from my list of folders? (added to the menu). If I have last been
working on a large set of books with many reports, etc. I don't want to
have to wait for that to load just to close it and open the books that I
want. The old version of gnucash I had been using didn't do "automaticly
open the last that was open".

2) Is there a way to delete entries from the "recently opened" list?
Since I was installing on another machine did some testing. I don't want
all those copies of old data books listed forever just because I used
them to test whether the newer version of gnucash could open them.

Michael

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.