what exchange rate gnucash uses for reports - it's not what I entered manually

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Feb 3 18:24:40 EST 2013

--On February 2, 2013 3:51:03 PM +0200 321654 <krok.geena at gmail.com>
wrote:

> "nearest in time" setting did not help me. :(
>
> I can see the FIM exchange rate is the source code
> (src/app-utils/gnc-euro.c) Line 56
>  { "FIM",  5.94573 },  /* finnmark */)
>
> I guess this is used but why are my manually entered rates ignored, is
> still a mystery.
>
> BTW, this all started because gnucash is now allowing users to add
> additional currencies.
> I had to use something, that is not used any more, like FIM.

I think you meant "not" instead of "now" in that sentence.

Don't use old national currencies that have been retired in favor of
the Euro.  GnuCash knows about these and uses a fixed exchange rate for
them.  I haven't been following this discussion closely so I don't know
exactly what you're trying to do, but this won't work.  You'll need to
find some other way to accomplish you goal.

            Mike