Automatic upload of bank statements from bank.csv files?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 25 11:29:27 EST 2013

Hi,

Frederic Monestel <fred.itfm at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to know if we can automatized the upload of bank statements
> (from an xml file of type file.csv) into GNU Cash?
>
> To be a little more precise on the input I have please have a look below.
> I download from internet banking files like this:
> January.csv
>  Date;comments;credit;debit;
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to automatically send these entries
> into the corresponding bank account of my GNU Cash software?
>
> Many thanks for your help and keep up the great work!
> Cheers,

It depends on your definition of "automatically send[ing] the[se]
entries".  You can use the GnuCash CSV importer to manually pull the CSV
file into a GnuCash account and assign each transaction to its
appropriate income/expense account.  But no, there is no way to do that
in a batch-mode, without user input.

Good Luck,