Setting up mortgage payments

gnucash_rob robcussons at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 10:14:44 EST 2013

Well, that setup actually seems to have worked as the correct amount appeared
debited from my account on a scheduled transaction today - don't know why
the review screen was blank, could this be a bug?

I now have a different problem. I actually overpay on the mortgage a bit
each month. Now I can just alter the value when it appears in the account,
but that then appears as an imbalance. How can I get it to be taken from the
principal amount and therefore reduce the interest? Or is Gnucash not
programmed to allow for overpayments on a loan?

Thanks for any help!