Closing books

denis | dcore denis at dcore.asia
Wed Jan 2 21:27:37 EST 2013

Hi, just wondering how you guys are closing books at the end of the year. I
have been using GnuCash for the first year now and will continue doing so.

Apparently there are a couple ways to do it besides the "closing books"
function in GnuCash that I read about here:

http://www.gssezisoft.com/main/index.php/2011/08/22/gnucash-and-end-of-year/

To me, I probably would prefer starting on a blank accounts list but I
assume there must be a good reason when using the close books function in
GnuCash that all the transactions stay in the same file.

Can somebody enlighten me to what is the bes way to do it? Any
disadvantages to creating a new file for 2013?