How to work with Prepaid transport card

AmadorC amador.cervera at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:02:55 EST 2013

Hello,
I receive a transport card as part of my salary every 3 months, charged with
a specific amount. This amount is discounted from my base salary, but on a
monthly basis. For example, I receive a transport card for January-March
period charged with $150 on January. Then, my base salary gets discounted
$50 on January, $50 on February and $50 on March. What is the best way to
track this on GnuCash?
I'm currently doing this:
- I have an *Asset:Transport Card* account, and track $150 on January.
- I have an *Income:Transport Card* account, and track $150 on January.
- finally, I track my salary minus $50 into *Income:Salary* on January,
February and March.
But this is not what's really going on... Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!