How to work with Prepaid transport card

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:15:24 EST 2013

I would set up a "Liability:Prepaid Transport Card" account, and
transfer $150 from it to the "Asset:Transport Card" account on
January.  Then, when I get my monthly paycheck, I would transfer $50
from "Income:Gross Salary" to the "Liability:Prepaid Transport Card"
account.

Assuming I got paid $5000 monthly, the set of transactions this would
generate would look like:

1/1 Transport card; debit Asset:Transport Card $50, credit
Liability:Prepaid Transport Card $50
1/1 Salary; debit Asset:Cash: $4850, debit Liability:Prepaid Transport
Card $50, credit Income:Salary $5000
2/1 Salary; debit Asset:Cash: $4850, debit Liability:Prepaid Transport
Card $50, credit Income:Salary $5000
3/1 Salary; debit Asset:Cash: $4850, debit Liability:Prepaid Transport
Card $50, credit Income:Salary $5000

4/1 Transport card; debit Asset:Transport Card $50, credit
Liability:Prepaid Transport Card $50
4/1 Salary; debit Asset:Cash: $4850, debit Liability:Prepaid Transport
Card $50, credit Income:Salary $5000
5/1 Salary; debit Asset:Cash: $4850, debit Liability:Prepaid Transport
Card $50, credit Income:Salary $5000
6/1 Salary; debit Asset:Cash: $4850, debit Liability:Prepaid Transport
Card $50, credit Income:Salary $5000

etc.