Projects with multiple payors

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 3 12:14:06 EST 2013

Hi,

artneko <artneko at gmail.com> writes:

> I am hoping to use gnucash for our neighborhood association.  We publish a
> paper that is paid for by local business advertising.  I would like to be
> able to run reports by each issue as to the revenue for each issue, who has
> paid and who has yet to pay, as well as run reports by the individual
> advertisers.  I can't quite figure out how to set up the accounts.  Job
> numbers seem to require individual owners.  Is there a simple way I can do
> this? Could someone help me with this?
>
> I would imagine that it would be similar as to how a non-profit would track
> donors/sponsors to individual fund raising events.  It's probably real
> obvious, just not to me and my rusty accounting skills.
>
> We also may have various events that I need to set up income and expense for
> and I'm just not seeing how to do it.  Can you have job numbers with
> multiple customers as income sources?

No, a job is a way to combine multiple invoices with the same customer.
E.g. you have a long term contract that will involve multiple invoices.

It's not a way to combine multiple customers in the way you want.

Unfortunately the best way I can think of to do what you want is to just
issue your customer invoices and run a Receivable Aging report to see
who has yet to pay.