Setting up mortgage payments

gnucash_rob robcussons at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 17:47:46 EST 2013

Hi Michael,

thanks for the help, that makes sense. The overpayment is paid direct to the
building society who apply it against the principal, so I've added an extra
line in the split payment (that I hope will carry through to next month as
well), that makes up the balance, as I regularly overpay by the same amount.

I assume gnucash will then calculate the interest on a daily basis on this
new principal amount including the overpayment, rather than just that
predicted by the standard formula?

Rob.