gnucash environment problem

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 9 11:39:42 EST 2013

Hi,

rclar <rclar.in.dc at gmail.com> writes:

> On Jan 8, 2013 12:03 PM, "Colin Law" <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> That is interesting, I see the same issue (using xml format) running
>> Ubuntu (12.10 on the local machine, 12.04 on the remote).  The
>> saved-as file does not even appear in the recent files list when GC is
>> run directly on the remote machine (after running remotely), but it
>> does appear in the list and is opened automatically if GC is run again
>> using ssh -X.  Presumably it is an issue with gconf and X forwarding.
>
> Thanks for reproducing it. I'll see what I can dig up around gconf to
> report a bug.

I am not convinced this is a bug in gconf.

When you ssh to and X-forward back from another host to run a process,
there is nothing that says that you have a running gnome/gconf
environment on that remote system into which you could store gconf data.
So, arguably, it is correct behavior to use the configuration on your
visual desktop instead of the configuration on the remote server (which
may not exist).