Splitting transactions

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 22:06:26 EST 2013

Hi there,

I am a brand new user of gnucash - have been using it for may be two days.
To put things in perspective I have almost next to nothing knowledge of
accounting. But I did went through the manual on the site. Still trying to
set the all the accounts.

I have one provider that provides both gas and electric. I want to track
individual spending on gas and electric as well as how much I pay to
provider. In other words, I want to know my total bill for the month was
xxx, but still want to split the bill in individual parts. I am trying to
assign gas/electric portions to appropriate accounts. What is the best way
to see my total bill to my service provider?

By the way, is it possible to open the document in complete window without
frame. It's big and reading it in existing frame makes it difficult. I know
I can open it in different tab etc, but still....

Thanks,

Niranjan