P&L sub account total

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun Jan 13 15:14:21 EST 2013

>I have a three level account tree with transactions only in the third level
>of accounts (top and middle level are just for readability reasons).
>
>In fact, my management reports only show top level accounting, I was
>expecting middle level accounts to sum third level accounts, and top level
>to sum middle ones. They don't ...
>
>Do I really have to sum everything outside of gnucash ?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Regards,
>Diego

No you don't.

What you have to do is set the nesting level for your report and how you
want subtotaling to work. Once you have opened the report, use Edit =>
Report Options to open the menus for report options. This is where you
set all sorts of things so take the time to look through what you can
do. You can change the nesting levels displayed, how totaling is
displayed, what accounts to include or exclude, effective dates for the
report, etc.

Michael