preferences returning to default status and blank reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 14 13:32:37 EST 2013

Hi,

"Rogier F. van Vlissingen" <dabxdssinc at gmail.com> writes:

> Indeed, this same thing is happening with me, along with the problem
> of blank pages in all of the reports.
>
> I have an entity with a full year's worth of data entered, and I
> cannot generate any reports, they all come up blank.
>
> This issue that the preferences are constantly reverting to the
> default is definitely also part of the problem.
>
> Does anyone know what to do????
>

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:39:40 -0500, John Mitchell <av8r at comporium.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I change the preferences, but the changes will not stay. All I have
>> is the default settings.
>> Does anyone know of a fix to this problem?
>> Using Windows 7 Pro and Gnucash 2.4.11
>> Thanks, John

This can happen if you have some permission issues or if you have some
name issues.  For example, this problem can happen if your Windows
Username has certain characters which are valid for Windows but are not
valid for GConf, like having certain punctuation characters in your
username.  When that happens, GConf fails to work properly.
Unfortunately it's a bug in GConf, which is something GnuCash uses but
cannot control.