Accrual / Cash Acct

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 04:35:12 EST 2013

Hi prl
Thank you for your comment -- I'd like to (genuinely) ask:
* While I'm aware that my method (bank statement verbatim copy) negates one
of the benefits of bookkeeping (i.e. double-checking the bank's records),
how do people/accountants cope with the result that -all- source documents
and the relevant transactions will have different dates?
* I also have a -lot- of direct debits e.g. professional registration fees,
council payments, rent, electricity, and water rates -- do people actually
plan each one as SX?
* I may try a more strict bookkeeping method when I start a new life
(Australia of all places) and will surely have more questions then!
Thanks again