How do I email my gnucash accounts to my accountant?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Jan 22 04:04:35 EST 2013

On Mon 21 January 13 06:19:59 Feidhlim wrote:
> Hi, my accountant recently installed gnucash so that he could look at my
> accounts… but I can't figure out how to email them to him. can anybody help?
> Thanks.

Hi,

You need to find your data file - probably with the extension .gnucash or .xac
depending on the version that you run.

If you don't know where you have saved your data file, try a File -> Save As
from the GC menu - it may show you the folder path that the existing file is
in.  (Cancel out of the dialogue box; don't actually do the save as).  The
main GC window should also tell you the current filename.

You only need to email that one file.

HTH
Maf.