Migration from Ubuntu to iMac - which files to copy, and where?

foxylady337 hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 18:11:50 EST 2013

I'm in the process of transferring everything from an elderly Dell computer
running Ubuntu 12.04 to a new iMac.

I've successfully installed GnuCash version 2.4.11 on my iMac, and copied
the current GnuCash data file (called "MDH.gnucash") from the PC to the Mac.

Opening this file on the Mac I find the accounts themselves look identical
to their appearance on the PC, but when I check the Preferences I find there
are differences.

Please advise which files need to be copied across, and where to place them
on the Mac, to ensure I don't get any nasty surprises later on!

Regards

Michael