Year end category reporting

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 01:05:48 EST 2013

Your description of the behavior in the options window is expected; GnuCash will leave the dialog active, but grey out the Apply and OK buttons when there is nothing to be done.

As for your statement that the report still includes all your data, I don't know what to say. I have never had a report include transactions from outside the dates I specified, at least not in the 7 years I've used GnuCash.

A little more detail would be needed. For example: are you sure that the report is including everything? And you're not using the Balance Sheet report, right? (That report only shows account balances as of a certain date--not transactions within a time period). What happens if you put in different date ranges? Do the amounts change?

David