Migration from Ubuntu to iMac - which files to copy, and where?

foxylady337 hendry.michael at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 01:22:33 EST 2013

Thanks, John.

Being a Mac novice, I took me a while to find out how to access the private
parts of the Mac's filing system!

When I first opened GnuCash, I got the message that

"The file file:///home/michael/Accounts/MDH.gnucash could not be found". I
ignored this, and Gnucash opened up a blank set of accounts. I was able to
Open the account I'd transferred earlier, but there are still a problem with
Preferences.

When I look at the Accounting Period, I'm told that it's set for an absolute
date range of 04/01/11 to 03/31/12, although my system locale setting is for
GB.

When I go to adjust these using the pull-down on the right hand side of the
date box, 04/01/11 is represented on the calendar as the 4th of January
2011, while 03/31/12 comes up as 31st March 2012.

I hope that these are just "teething problems" and that all of the infant's
teeth have now erupted!

Michael

PS When I tried to reply directly to your email, "Mail" wouldn't send it - I
clearly have a lot to learn about the ways of the Mac!