small starting business - initial sell of shares, capital raised and related questions

Krokodill Geena krok.geena at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 03:48:50 EST 2013

Hi
I need some help with the following setup

1) Small business starts out with 0 EUR (all accounts are empty)
2) "Shares" of get issued and N investors buy the shares - lets say
total of 10 000 shares, 1 EUR per share
3) Equipment is purchased with the money received from 2)

We need to keep track of how many "shares" are issued (there will be
more shares issued, if there is need for additional capital)
We do not care who has how many shares - something else is used for this

My question is, what is the correct way to set this up in gnugash?
I am new to gnucash so please keep it simple but detailed enough so I
can set up the accounts properly :)

Thank you