small starting business - initial sell of shares, capital raised and related questions

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Mon Jan 28 06:23:08 EST 2013

	I think you would create a stock account and sell shares from it,
giving you income.  This would show the number of shares as a negative
number, and may not be proper from an accounting standpoint (since you
didn't short-sell shares of some other stock), but it would be simple.  If
you needed to turn around and track the equipment as capital, I imagine you
would be getting way outside of what GnuCash is meant to do (issuing shares
probably is, but the workaround is easy).
	Dustin