Split transactions are killing me

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Jan 30 09:12:13 EST 2013

Will wrote:

>If split transactions were easy, I wouldn't be here.

Will, have faith, you will get this and once you do (stop doing whatever
you are now doing wrong) you will wonder how you once managed to have so
much trouble with simple (one sided) splits.

OK, two sided split transactions (splits on both sides) can be tricky
even if you are experienced and I have often given up, deleted the
messed up transaction, and started over. But that's because with a two
sided split it can make a big difference how you start out and the
easiest way might be a "fib" about what you first enter (and then later
correct the amount).

Michael