Help with downloading stock prices

Andrew Moulson amoulson at gmx.com
Thu Jan 31 14:57:41 EST 2013

As a newcomer to the excellent GnuCash I'd be grateful for some help here.

I have installed Active Perl 5.16.2 32-bit on my Windows 7 machine, and
have then run the Install Online Price Retrieval module.

I am not sure of the settings I should use  in setting up a new security.

For example, I would like to be able to collect the price of say /JP
Morgan Claverhouse Investment Trust//plc/, which is quoted on the London
Stock Exchange, with code JCH.

What settings should I use for in the Security Editor screen? Which Type
should I select from the dropdown list: EUREX or another? Then in the
Quote Source Information would I do better with a single source, and if
so Trustnet, UK or Yahoo Europe?
At the moment whatever combination I have tried all I get is "Unable to
retrieve quote."

Advice would be welcome! Thanks, Andy