Fwd: Re: Failure to launch

Art pinaart at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 1 14:56:07 EDT 2013

Hi Sharon,

I'm running a previous version of GC which I installed my app space (not the default Windows space because I try to manage Windows like Unix).
My installation is,
F:\usr\gnucash\bin\gnucash.exe

It is version 2.4.11 (built from svn r22268 on 2012-07-15).

If I was having your problem, I'd probably look at log in Windows Event Viewer,
Windows Logs -> Application
and review all errors for GC (I don't know what the actual entry would look like, but it should be evident).

If this were the first time I attempted to install it on my machine, I'd check the Programs and Features in the Control Panel. Mine shows,
GnuCash 2.4.11 GnuCash Development Team 2/9/2013 284 MB.

For me, there's a few seconds delay between the time I invoke the thing to the time I get the splash screen, then about 30 seconds from the flash screen to the main panel. I'm used to it, so that's what I expect for normal operation (I have a 4-core CPU with 8 GB RAM, so it may take longer on a lower resourced machine - or not, because I run SQL and other servers on this machine at the same time).

BTW, my previous app launch suppressions have been due my security software or in the distant past, by malware.

- Art