Gnucash adding extra numbers onto multiple currency transactions

JoeB jlboz at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 29 02:20:48 EDT 2013

My PC OS is Windows XP. I installed Gnucash 2.4.13 and Perl 5.16.3.1603 so I
could get currency prices. I have removed them and reinstalled them without
any improvement. I even deleted all my data files and started again, but the
garbage characters reappeared.

I suppose I should mention, though I do not know how it might be relevant,
that I also have problems at present with other applications such as Quicken
and Keepass 2.0 that use .NET Framework. This started after I moved to .NET
4.0 but removing that and going back to .NET 3.5 has not made any
difference. If I try to run more than one of those applications at a time
one will crash and I get an error message that starts
"System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected
memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt..." I do
not believe memory is corrupt. I have run memtest86+ from a boot disk and it
found no problems.

Perhaps the time has come for me to ditch XP.

Joe