Issue with Report "Receivable aging" and invoice

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Mar 19 05:17:02 EDT 2013

On Mon 18 March 13 06:58:35 dcoximus wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I have a rather specific pair of related issues, ill try and outline them as
> best as possible and in order;
>
> I have posted an invoice for a customer, and paid it using the "process
> payment" method.
> The amount has gone through normally and been posted to the correct account
> (in this case petty cash).
>
> However, The customer is still appearing on the "Receivable aging" report,
> but they are appearing as owing a debt of £0.
>
> Further to this, when I search for invoices, the invoice is shown as
> "unpaid".
> If I click on process payment, it allows me to settle the debt again...
>
> Any idea what has caused this and how to rectify it?
>
> Thanks!

Hi,

there is a known bug (but IIRC it hasn't been repeatable so far) that
occasionally shows this problem.

The Dev. team (Derek in particular?) may be interested in seeing your data
file (and a backup from before you processed payment), if you would be willing
to share it.

I'm not a Dev., but I noticed that you hadn't had a reply yet.

Otherwise, you might get somewhere by deleting the payment and trying again,
but check first for any transactions in the A/R register which look something
like "Auto Payment Forward" for that customer/invoice and figure out where
they came from first.

HTH,
Maf.