Importing from Android to desktop

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Mar 30 18:19:45 EDT 2013

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:45:05 -0400
John Sterbenz <jsterben at umich.edu> wrote:

> Upon import, the credit card transaction is appropriately placed, as
> is the expense transaction created in Android with the selection of
> that account during transaction creation--but they are not linked
> with each other and both come in with an entry of "Imbalance" for the
> account.
>
> Has anyone else using the Android app experienced this?

When I experimented I got that happening. Then I experimented with
matching the credit card value with an expense account and vice versa.
That time I got sensible imports.

I was wondering if the logic of an OFX import is the problem - usually
we are importing from the bank / credit union whose credit is my debit
and vice versa. To use that same logic on importing my credit will put
it in my debit on the main file.