Invoices cannot be opened anymore

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 2 11:25:04 EDT 2013

Hi,

"opentek.ca" <bill at opentek.ca> writes:

> I'm hoping someone can help with this issue...
>
> I have a GnuCash XML file that i have been happily working from for the last
> 3 years. Today GnuCash crashed on me and now I cannot access my invoices. I
> do have all of the backup files in a directory (many for each day). Those
> that are named with the .gnucash extension all exhibit the problem. Those
> older files (pre 2.4.x upgrade) with the .xac extension do not exhibit the
> problem. The problem is that if I try to search invoices by any criteria I
> get no invoices returned. I have verified that the invoice data still exists
> in the XML file. I can even see all of the invoice numbers in GnuCash when
> looking at the Accounts Receivable account etc. I have also run GnuCash with
> the --debug and --extra flags and get no usable error messages in the trace
> file.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated...

First, no need to post your question twice.  We did see it the first
time (even though someone else stole the thread).

Second, What OS/Distro are you using?

Third, when did you upgrade to 2.4.x, and when did you notice the issue?

Fourth, what happens when you go to Business -> Customer -> Find Invoice
and then select [Invoice ID] [matches regex] .

Fifth, what happens if you click on the "search only active data"
checkbox?