Another GnuCash 2.411/Mac OS X 10.8.3 bug?

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Fri May 3 11:08:43 EDT 2013

At the risk of causing irritation, could I ask another Mac user to check these findings?

1. Select an Account from the Accounts tab, right-click, and select Edit Account.
2. Select the text in the Account name: field.
3. Press cmd-C to Copy this text.
4. Move the mouse cursor to the Notes: field, and left click.
5. Press cmd-V to Paste this text into the Notes: field.

On my Mac, nothing is copied or pasted, although the corresponding ctrl-C and ctrl-V procedure works correctly in the Linux version.

[I have chosen specific fields to demonstrate the problem, but all combinations of fields seem to be affected. The problem also shows up when I try editing the Name field of a Scheduled Transaction].

Work-around: Select the text, then right-click and choose Copy, etc.

cmd-C and cmd-V work in other contexts, e.g. account registers, which suggests it's not a matter of my choosing the wrong configuration option somewhere.

Michael