Newbie Transactions entry

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Tue May 14 16:13:38 EDT 2013

On 05/14/2013 12:15 PM, Maf. King wrote:
> On Tue 14 May 13 12:05:24 John R. Sowden wrote:
>> Problem already:
>> 1) already exists
>> 2) already exists
>> 3) there is no accounts tab.  When I went to 'Accounts Summary' and
>> selected my bank, that account is shown in the tab.  And there is only 1
>> tab.
>>
>> John
> Hi,
>
> I may be way off the mark here, have only been vaguely following this thread.
>
> Try view -> new accounts page
>
> this should open a new tab showing the chart of accounts (this is bank/credit
> card accounts and expense/income accounts, which some other accounting
> software may call categories)
>
> from that view, a double-click on your bank account name should get you to a
> point where you can enter transactions.
>
> HTH,
> Maf.

That did it. I now have the Accounts tab too!

I did a walk thru of the items on the list.  Once someone told me that I
must use tab between fields (or the mouse), but not enter, as that is
what completes the transaction; AND once I figured out the the single
line/split issue is display related, not database related, it made
single line transactions simple and obvious.  I also noted that i can
"open" up a single line  transaction to see the actual debit or credit
to/from the account that is open, as opposed to just showing the acct
the funds are transfered from/to in the single line mode.  My next
mountain to conquer is the "split" transactions, such as payroll.