Report needed - Bank Statement Style Report

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 20:39:45 EST 2013

On 11/4/2013 4:44 PM, Krystle wrote:
> Hello,
> Hoping someone can help me. I am trying to print out a report which
> shows all the debits and credits from our one asset (our bank
> account). I need this report to show the running balance in the
> account as well - similar to how a normal bank statement would.
> I can't seem to figure out what to choose to get a transaction report
> of this type.  The balance keeps showing as the balance for each
> expense/income account.
> Does anyone know how to create a report of this type? Thanks in advance.

There are as many different 'bank statement' formats as there are banks,
so GnuCash probably cannot match that of your bank, but one report that
might have a lot of what you are looking for is the 'Register Report'
which is found under  Reports > Account Report.

Play with the View > Filter by... setting in the register to limit the
date range before running the report.  If you wish, you can also include
or exclude reconciled or un-reconciled transactions, for example, but
then the running balances would appear funky.

Then there are more options within the report setting.  After you are
happy with what you see, memorize the report to use as a memory jogger
for the settings that you like.  That will also memorize the date range,
so next time you may need to set the date filter to your new month.

David C