Opening balance reconciling investment account incorrect.

hnaparst harold at alum.mit.edu
Mon Nov 11 07:23:38 EST 2013

I am trying out Gnucash 2.4.13.  I am trying to move an investment account
from Quicken.  All the transactions have imported correctly using a QIF
import.  Now I am trying to reconcile the account.

First thing I did was to mark all transactions in Gnucash as not reconciled,
including all the splits.  The initial balance in the account is zero.

When I begin the reconciliation, however, Gnucash shows the opening balance
as a non-zero number, which is incorrect.  I have read section 4.5.1 of the
manual, as well as bug 639264.

I do not understand why the opening balance is incorrect in the reconcile
window, and I do not understand how to fix it.

Kind Regards.