Save custom reports on OSX 10.8

William Meier wcmeier at tvcconnect.net
Sun Nov 24 15:25:54 EST 2013

I just installed the OSX app bundle for GnuCash 2.4.13 from your Download page, loaded some data and now I want to try out some custom reports.  I read the wiki page on custom reporting but ran into problems adding a newly customized report. I found the Gnucash folder as specified, added a customized report  called hello-myworld.scm and created a new "config.user" file with a load statement for that customized report.  When I restart Gnucash it doesn't appear in the Custom Reports or anywhere else in the Reports menu.

config.user contains one line.  (load "/Users/main/Library/Application Support/hello-myworld.scm")

The Gnucash folder contains the following:

drwx------  12 main  staff    408 Nov 24 15:08 .
drwx------+ 61 main  staff   2074 Nov 21 16:15 ..
-rw-r--r--@  1 main  staff   6148 Nov 24 15:08 .DS_Store
-rw-r--r--   1 main  staff  17514 Nov 24 15:05 accelerator-map
drwx------   7 main  staff    238 Nov 22 15:34 books
drwx------   2 main  staff     68 Nov 21 16:15 checks
-rw-r--r--@  1 main  staff     66 Nov 24 15:08 config.user
-rw-r--r--   1 main  staff      0 Nov 24 15:05 expressions-2.0
-rw-r--r--@  1 main  staff  20354 Nov 24 15:03 hello-myworld.scm
-rw-r--r--   1 main  staff   1714 Nov 23 12:23 qif-accounts-map
-rw-r--r--   1 main  staff   1272 Nov 24 15:05 stylesheets-2.0
drwx------   2 main  staff     68 Nov 21 16:15 translog

 Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Bill Meier