How to get historical account data correctly imported

xjordanx ben at jordandsp.com
Wed Oct 2 01:33:08 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I am configuring a new gnucash data base and need to get historical data
imported. I downloaded in Quicken format from the financial institution and
it seemed to import properly without a hassle.

However, the balances are all incorrect. The original downloaded data file
does not provide a running balance. The only balance information I have is
the CURRENT account balance.

Is there a way to enter the CURRENT balance and have it reconcile the
account all the way back to the beginning of the imported data?

Thanks for any advice. I hope I described the problem clearly.