Is there a way to change the default print layout for invoices?

Jon Dallara jondallara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 00:26:04 EDT 2013

On 10/02/2013 06:01 AM, Bob Brush 3 wrote:
> The whole page is worth reading, but here is the interesting part:
>
> "..create a new style sheet and name it Default.  Note that the default
> style sheet cannot be deleted, but you can make a new one with the same
> name.  When you create the new default style sheet, select the fancy
> type, which is the same as the technicolor style sheet and then add the
> logo and banner graphics as detailed below.."
>
> http://linas.org/mirrors/www.aerospacesoftware.com/2003.06.21/GNU_Cash_for_Business_users_Howto_Guide.html
>
> Also in the next version 2.6 you will be able to find under GnuCash
> Preferences, on the Business tab, there is a selector for "Report for
> printing" that drops down to select the default report, "Fancy Invoice"
> for instance.. giving both control of the report and style sheet by
> default, it will be a good day :)
>

> On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 20:45 -0700, Jon Dallara wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>     I print invoices to give to my clients and it is starting to become
>> quite a nuisance to have to click on the report options button to change
>> the default formatting to what I need.  I already have a custom style
>> sheet that I have to specify every time, is there a way to make my style
>> sheet the default?  I also have to change the settings of the columns
>> and fields to display every time, is there a way to set those as default?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jon.

Thank you for jogging my mind.  Now that you mentioned it, I vaguely
remember reading that document (or one very similar) a while back while
I was looking for something else.  I can't wait until I can get the
newest version running.  I've tried to get it to compile on my system
(Ubuntu 13.04) but I can't get past the slib problem, so I'll have to
wait until the next distro comes out to get the upgrade.

Thanks, Jon.

--
Jon Dallara
Assistant Director