Blank transactions appearing on one half of transaction

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 2 10:33:57 EDT 2013

Hi,

Jeff <jeff at forerunnertv.com> writes:

>> They can't be searched because the transaction data is broken.  The
>> empty about is not '0', it's literally empty.  The issue is that there
>> is clearly a case where you change the destination account which also
>> changes the target currency but the scrubber doesn't get re-run and as a
>> result the number is 'removed'.
>>
>> Unfortunately there is no automated way to find these broken
>> transactions.  You'll have to look for them manually.

>> -derek
>>
> Is it possible to export all the data in some kind of text or XML
> format and then search the text for some specific empty entry that
> would point to the problem?

Um, well, your datafile already IS an XML file (unless you specified
saving it into SQL).  It's a GZIPed XML file, but an XML file
nonetheless.  However I'm not sure how to best search for something that
probably isn't there.  I'm not sure what it would look like in the XML,
honestly.