how to install Gnucash in Linux Mint 13

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 26 10:39:44 EDT 2013

Thelma

Please remember to copy to the list, not just to me.  Unfortunately on
this list you have to use Reply to All or Reply to List when
responding.

On 26 September 2013 15:05, Thelma Sabim <juramentada at thelmasabim.com> wrote:
> Colin,
> Thank you for your message. After running "update" and "upgrade", the errors
> are listed below.  The source list may have broken or old links. Is there a
> way to fix/update the source list?

It should be dist-upgrade (as I posted) rather than upgrade, but that
is not the cause of the problem.

> - the troubled connections reported from "update":
> Get:20 http://packages.linuxmint.com maya/import i386 Packages [41.7 kB]
> Err http://archive.canonical.com maya/partner i386 Packages
>   404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.191 80]

> [snipped lots similar]

> I am not sure if the above errors/failures are major or not. I will wait for
> your reply before running the last step you suggested (reinstall gnucash).

Yes, they are major.  For some reason you are not able to access your
package source repositories.  I use Ubuntu rather than Mint so I don't
know what the problem might be.  Probably best to ask on a Mint
forum/list if there is one.

Colin