how to install Gnucash in Linux Mint 13

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 26 11:29:27 EDT 2013

Thelma,

Thelma Sabim <juramentada at thelmasabim.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I tried to download the latest 2.5.5 version but did not know what to do
> after unpacking the zipped file. I am just starting Linux.

The 2.5.5 series are alpha-release testing series.  If you want to use
GnuCash for real data (and not for testing) then you should download the
most recent stable release, 2.3.13.

> So, I removed it from the directory and went to an old version that came
> with Linux Mint 13 32-bit. However, the program does not install - I get
> errors like unable to lock administrative directory. I followed
> instructions found in ubuntu site to update, clean, etc... but I still have
> "held broken package" and the software from synaptic does not install.
> Is there a guide that I can follow to remove GnuCash and do a fresh
> install? I think I had corrupted dependencies.
> Thank you.

Sorry, I can't help you here.  Sounds like a package manager problem
with Mint.  I don't use Mint (or Debian or Ubuntu) so I can't help you
here.  Sorry.