how to install Gnucash in Linux Mint 13

Thelma Sabim juramentada at thelmasabim.com
Thu Sep 26 15:02:45 EDT 2013

Thank you Derek and Colin.
I will post a message in Linux Mint forum regarding the package manager
problem.
Then, hopefully soon, I get back to GnuCash.
Thelma

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Thelma,
>
> Thelma Sabim <juramentada at thelmasabim.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> > I tried to download the latest 2.5.5 version but did not know what to do
> > after unpacking the zipped file. I am just starting Linux.
>
> The 2.5.5 series are alpha-release testing series.  If you want to use
> GnuCash for real data (and not for testing) then you should download the
> most recent stable release, 2.3.13.
>
> > So, I removed it from the directory and went to an old version that came
> > with Linux Mint 13 32-bit. However, the program does not install - I get
> > errors like unable to lock administrative directory. I followed
> > instructions found in ubuntu site to update, clean, etc... but I still
> have
> > "held broken package" and the software from synaptic does not install.
> > Is there a guide that I can follow to remove GnuCash and do a fresh
> > install? I think I had corrupted dependencies.
> > Thank you.
>
> Sorry, I can't help you here.  Sounds like a package manager problem
> with Mint.  I don't use Mint (or Debian or Ubuntu) so I can't help you
> here.  Sorry.
>
> -derek
>
> --

Thelma L Sabim
www.tradutorabrasileira.com
www.portuguesetranslator.net
Curitiba (41) 3277-1971 USA (512) 837-5708
ATA & ABRATES Certified Translator
Juramentada JUCEPAR 12/219-T