Transaction Report Calculation Error?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Apr 7 13:55:57 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, April 7, 2014 1:30 pm, Richard Lindgren wrote:
> Derek
>
> That's why I was asking if I have made an error in my entering the stock
> purchase. I invested $150.00 total. $7.50 went toward the commission and
> $142.5 went toward the actual stock purchase.

If you spent $150 on stock, and $7.50 went to commissions, then you did
not get 3.9596 shares at $37.9171.  So yes, you have your data entered
incorrectly.

So...  how much money left your Bank account?
How much of that went to commissions?
The *rest* is your actual purchase..  Do you know how many shares you got?

> When I request a Transaction report showing no commission with the total
> of
> $150.00 for the stock purchase, it is still incorrect.
>
> [image: Inline image 1]

What report are you using to actually compute this?  You say "transaction
report" but I don't understand how you are creating a transaction report
but showing no commissions?  Exactly which report is it?

It is possibel that the report is not showing the actual transaction but
is, instead, applying a price quote from your PriceDB.  But that would
depend on what report you're actually running.  I cannot tell from your
picture.

> Again, Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what it might be.
>
> [image: Inline image 2]
>
> The above is the Transaction I show without any commission.
>
> Any help here will certainly be appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Richard

I think your transaction input is incorrect.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745