Upgrade to 2.6.3 issues

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:38:53 EDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Jamestk <davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk>wrote:

> I have been using the  previous version for sometime now without problems.
> Recently I decided on upgrading all our PC's to use SSD's choosing this
> opportunity to also upgrade GNU cash v2.6.3.
> SSD and 16G RAM, the program loads quickly without the data file, but as
> soon as that's selected it grinds to a halt.
>
> The other issue relates to reports, my saved reports do not seem to be
> accessible with the current version saving them in a new 2.4 directory.
>
> Lastly, the fonts within reports appear very odd and sometimes not easily
> visible - I have Calibre selected as Windows font, could this be the
> problem?

You didn't say what version of Windows you are using, so I don't know if
this entry in the GnuCash FAQ for Windows applies:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Font_problems

N.B.: you might also want to know about the "main" FAQ page

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ

because it contains issues germane to all operating systems.

-----