Similar GNU cash program needed

Ian K ik522000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 07:13:48 EDT 2014

I did a comparison of 2.6.3 in Windows XP Pro 32bit vs Linux Mint 16 64-bit
both running as VMs in VMware Player on the same host machine. Both VMs have
the same memory/processor setup.

Linux: 9.4s
Windows: 20.7s

This seems less of a difference than previous 2.6 versions but I have only
had this machine a short time so couldn't previously do a similar test.

GUI behavior: Linux is smooth and has no issues.
Windows is still very clunky on the main Accounts page - moving a column
header to a different location caused the most lag, and required very slow
dragging. The menus were slow but kind of OK.
I tried this on the default 'Nimbus' theme and the 'MS-Windows' theme and
that didnt seem to make much difference.
Account register screens worked OK without noticeable lag.

Conclusion - 2.6.3 seems to be an improvement - on a fast machine the issues
are more of an irritation than a complete showstopper, but on older machines
I suspect the differences will be exaggerated.