New user with (probably) a stupid question...

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Aug 15 11:26:12 EDT 2014

On Friday 15 August 2014 11:07:39 Tracy wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am a new user of GnuCash (version 2.4.11 - running on Windows 7,
> 64-bit). I am a (former) Quicken user, and exported all my data from
> there and imported it into GnuCash.

Hi Tracy,

Welcome to GnuCash!

> How do I "abort" the edit of this transaction? (I know I can close the
> transaction register, and as long as I haven't pressed Enter or
> otherwise accepted the change, I'll be prompted to save or discard
> the change - but that seems a bit drastic.) In other apps, if I
> pressed the Escape key at that point, the changes I made would be
> undone, and I would be left with the original transaction... Is there
> a simple way to have that happen in GnuCash?

There is a "Cancel this transaction" button in the toolbar menu that does this. Or you can
use the menu "Transaction->Cancel transaction" to the same effect.

With your other two questions I can't help I'm afraid. I never experimented with hotkeys and
don't have OFX Direct Connect in my country.

I'll let these questions for someone else.

Geert