Autofill problem? - I assume

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Dec 6 03:17:20 EST 2014

--On December 4, 2014 at 9:54:52 PM -0800 kyomar <markus1611 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I assume this is an autofill problem (I had similar problems before)
> but it's now becoming worse and really annoying. When I try to enter
> the following transaction:
> Income:Interest AUD             18.25
> it rounds it to this:
> Income:Interest AUD             18.00
>
> Sometimes if I delete the description field it works but most times
> note. It's almost become unworkable.
>
> Any help/hint would be greatly appreciated - thank you!
> PS. I use version 2.6.3 on linux debian.

This sounds like it might be the bug fixed by this change:

> Use the correct fraction when editing expanded multiple currency
> transactions. When a transaction is expanded and trading accounts are
> in use, the debit and credit cells contain values in the split's
> commodity not the transaction's currency.  For example if you have a
> transaction involving JPY and USD currencies and the transaction's
> currency is JPY, you can only enter whole dollar amounts in the USD
> splits.  This fixes this problem.

I fixed this about 2 years ago in commit ba9b85a2 and the fix should
have been in version 2.6.2.  Does this sound like the problem you're
having if you substitue AUD for USD?  If so we need to figure out why
it is still happening for you.

              Mike