Using Database and Excell reporting

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 6 15:05:16 EST 2014

Sun, 30 Nov 2014 17:58:49
<000001d00cbe$ee7cf2f0$cb76d8d0$@duvallet.serv0>  Pierre DUVALLET

>For persons interested in this solution that allows better and flexible
>reporting , I have designed SQL Queries that I use for Dynamic Cross
>reporting with Excel.
>
>I can send those queries.

Hello, Pierre

I think Dynamic Cross reporting may not translate to what is expected in
english (google has 1 reference to it).  Do you mean pivot tables or
something similar?

moi pense

Translate: pivot table => tableau croisé dynamique

voila!

Yes, I am most interested.

Note: personally I would say spreadsheet rather than Excel as many
people will be using Libre Office / Open Office / Not MS

I don't know about you but I have found that some of my queries work
with one backend better than another (e.g. I have a CoA and Balance
Sheet that work well with postgres and should work with sqlite but wont
work with mysql).

Are yours independent of backend?  Maybe your queries are better than
mine!  I look forward to seeing them.

--
Wm...